Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Family Unit Circa 1970


Hello. Here is one of my latest paintings 'Family Unit Circa 1970' which can be found at http://www.robertgirandola.com - One area that I am very interested in is this transition from the analog to digital world - in every area from photography to music to our personal records, the very essence of who we are. I sometimes wonder how much of me is a bit and a byte stored somewhere. I know my childhood seems innocent enough, and of course our parents all the more - simpler times. This might seem like a funny connection to this particular painting but I think a lot about the sod farm I grew up near, out in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. It took 30 minutes just to get to a grocery store. Playing was running out into the field and finding old tractors or a silo to throw rocks inside - hearing the echoing crash. And now, half the field is developed with many houses - and where I once ran and played is now 'digitized' in a way, parceled out in tiny plots across a once great field. With the analog television signal going away for good next year and the move to digital – to me, has the same emotional resonance as seeing the fields around my house ‘developed’. Do you sometimes think technology is moving all too fast?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All contents of this website Copyright 2008 Robert Girandola Studio   |   Webiste Design by LM Designing