Sunday, August 17, 2008

See The Children Run


Another piece I am currently working on is 'See The Children Run' - this is from one of my favorite songs - 'Fields of Gold' by Sting, and there is also a beautiful version by Eva Cassidy.  Anyway, like many of my other pieces - I spend a lot of time 'working' on pieces in my mind, and this one is no different.  I find this song evokes many beautiful images and one of the ones I saw - from this particular line:

Many years have passed since those summer days,
Among the fields of barley
See the children run as the sun goes down
As you lie in fields of gold

Is represented in this digital sketch - which I took yesterday out in the sod field on the farm where I grew up.  The setting sun, the deep green grass, the children (my nephew and my three children) running, playing - each character in a dream is a different part of you, and in a painting - which for me is 'dreaming' on canvas - each character 'plays' to create the whole of life - my nephew, passing into manhood - my daughter racing to 'catch up' - leaving behind their young brother and sister.  When I 'dream' and work on these pieces I also think a lot about the material I will use and for this piece, I think I will use a wood panel but I am considering combining acrylic, tape and fifty coat altogether - When it is finished, I hope to capture the deep, deep green and the figures in shadow - 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All contents of this website Copyright 2008 Robert Girandola Studio   |   Webiste Design by LM Designing